The Discover Seoul Pass is a new tourist pass concept, developed by the Seoul Tourism Organization. With just one card, travelers have admission to Seoul's designated major tourist attractions, and may use the pass to pay for public transportation.
The pass is currently available for two time periods - a 24 hour pass and a 48 hour pass. The pass includes free admission to attractions for the designated period of time, but does not include any funds to be used for transportation. However, it can be topped up as needed at any convenience store or subway station to be used for transportation.
1) Incheon International Airport: At the 3 CU convenience stores located at the Arrival Hall, or at the KEB Hana Bank Currency Exchange Booth 2) In Seoul: Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center, KEB Hana Bank Hongik University Branch and more
① You can use the pass to visit designated tourist attractions. It is good for one entry to each attraction. The pass remains working for 24 hours after your first admission to an attraction has been validated. ② The pass is also conveniently equipped with Tmoney capacity, that allows it to be used as a transit card. You can re-charge the card as needed.
- The pass can be used as a transit card indefinitely. - For admission to attractions, the card expires 5 years after it was issued. Its date of issue is printed on the back of the card. * For example, if the card was issued on June 2016, it can be used until May 31, 2021. If possible, we recommend that you use the pass soon after its purchase, as the list of designated tourist attractions or prices may change. - The pass is good for 24 hours or 48 hours after the first admission to an attraction. After appointed time, the pass can no longer be used to enter attractions.
- The Discover Seoul Pass App offers handy information from instructions on how to use the pass to tourism information on attractions. You can download it by searching for 'Discover Seoul Pass' on the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- The Discover Seoul Pass was developed for international travelers visiting Korea and cannot be purchased by Koreans. - Your nationality may be checked during purchase, so please have your passport ready.
- Yes, refunds are possible. - Refunds are possible when the pass is returned within 7 days, still wrapped, and unused as Tmoney or admission tickets, along with a receipt as proof of purchase. All the above conditions must be met for a refund. (Refund processing: Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center)
- Yes. You must bring the actual pass to the ticket office and validate your visit. An admission ticket will be issued so you can enter the attraction. - We recommend taking some extra time when planning your trip since some of the attractions can have long lines to the ticket office.
- There are ticketing offices reserved for Discover Seoul Pass users at some attractions, and they are indicated with a sign. However, we recommend taking some extra time when planning your visit since some of the more popular attractions can have long lines to the ticket office.
- If the remaining amount on the card is below 30,000 won, you can easily get a refund at any convenience store.(There is a 500 won service charge) - If the remaining amount on the card is below 50,000 won, you can easily get a refund at the service desk at any subway station.(There is a 500 won service charge) - If the remaining card balance exceeds KRW 50,000, a refund will be made at Smart Card T-money Town.(Seoul station)
- If the pass becomes unusable because the Tmoney card is damaged, refunds may be obtained by visiting the Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center. ※ Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center: First Floor of KEB Hana Bank Main Branch Office Annex, 66 Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul - If visits to attractions have been completed, the damaged card is collected and a refund for the remaining amount of Tmoney will be issued. - If visits to attractions have not been completed, a new Discover Seoul Pass will be issued in exchange, along with a credit of the amount of Tmoney that was on the damaged card.
- The application works on smart phones that are connected to the Internet via 3G, LTE, or Wi-Fi. - If the Internet connection is working but the application still doesn't work, please try deleting the app and reinstalling it.